Sandboarding is a boarding sport similar to the popular snowboarding.
It is an awesome recreational activity that takes place on our Large +-230 meter high sand dune rather than on a snow covered mountain. This boarding sport has adherents throughout the world, most prevalent in desert areas or coastal areas with beach dunes.
We are very fortunate to have one of Africa's Highest Commercial and boarding dunes a stone throw away from Cape Town in Betty's Bay.
Choose a date:
- Our guide/s will provide you with training and safety on the dune.
- Sand-boarding is a wonderful activity as its both fun and extreme (depending on your skills as you progress)
- Once our training session has finished we will start off with a smaller section of the dune. * We will progress higher and higher up on the dune as your skills improve.
- Spectators not participating must pay a R40 p.p entry fee. - This must be confirmed prior to arrival.
- Additional Entry fee of R20 p.p is applicable to all participants and must be paid in cash on the day.
What should I bring?
- Bottled water is a must as you will get thirsty.
- Sunscreen - in summer!!
What should I wear?
Comfortable clothes and shoes.
How fit do I need to be?
You will walk on the dunes so an average fitness is recommended.
What skills do I need?
The norm is to stand on the sand-board as you descend down the dune but if you prefer to rather sit we will show you the ropes as this is also a lot of fun if your balance seems to get the better of you.
Price: R3 030 per person
Duration: ±8 hours
Price: R550 per person
Duration: 4 hours
Price: R175 per person
Duration: 1 hour
Price: R280 per couple
Duration: 1 hour